Social Services for Families

What matters will the service help me with?

  • If you want support in issues related to children's growth, development and parenting.
  • If you are concerned about your child’s behavior or about your own coping as a parent.

Family social work

Family social work helps families with a child needing special support

  • We will help if a child in your family needs special support, or if you need long-term support.
  • We can support your everyday life with the help of, for example, family work, home service, support family and support person. We will arrange individual help for the elderly with the help of social guidance and social rehabilitation.
  • A child needing special support will be nominated a personal employee of his/her own.
  • We aim to provide you with help in as early a stage as possible. We will support your family in finding your own resources.

On-call service for families with children and child protection

If you suspect that a child or teen needs protection, contact a social worker.

During office hours

  • On-call service for families with children and child protection, Mon-Fri at 8:00-16:00, tel. 09 839 33337

Outside office hours

  • Social Emergency and Crisis Center, tel. 09 8392 4005