Information about the coronavirus disease and its prevention
When coronavirus samples will be taken
Patients with respiratory infection symptoms who are in good general health should no longer call healthcare units or the Medical Helpline even if they suspect having contracted the coronavirus.
If you suspect a coronavirus infection, always make contact by telephone before you go to a health center and an emergency room
Health care center tel. 09 839 50 000, open from 8 am to 4 pm on weekdays.
Evenings, nights, or weekends tel. 116 117
New coronavirus helpline
The number of the new counseling service is 09 8395 0070. The service is meant for all Vantaa residents that are concerned about how the coronavirus will affect their everyday life. The helpline also serves those who think that have been exposed to the coronavirus or, based on their symptoms, believe they may have been infected.
The helpline serves Vantaa residents on weekdays from 8:00 to 16:00. After 16:00 and on weekends, Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117, will counsel Vantaa residents in issues related to coronavirus infection. A call to the coronavirus helpline costs the same as an ordinary call.
If calling the helpline fails from some reason, you can send email about coronavirus issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Calling the helpline is, however, the fastest way of contact.
Ways to contact
How does the novel coronavirus disease spread?
- The novel coronavirus disease spreads from one person to another primarily by droplets in close contact (spending over 15 minutes face-to-face or in the same room with a patient, when the person who is ill coughs or sneezes). Viruses does not remain in the air.
- It is possible that the virus spreads also through the hands, for example, when touching the eyes or nose area.
- Coronaviruses do not remain on surfaces for many days in varying temperatures. No infections have been determined to have occurred through objects.
- The incubation period, or the time from exposure to the start of the first symptoms, is an estimated 2-12 days, about 5 days on average.
- According to current information, it is possible to receive an infection from someone who does not have symptoms, but it is unlikely.
How to prevent the new coronavirus disease?
- Infections with the new coronavirus disease are prevented in the same way as the causes of other respitory tract infections.
- Primarily, it is good to take care of good hand hygiene. Wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Washing your hands and coughing
Frequently asked questions about the novel coronavirus
Guidelines for traveling
How to wash your hands and cough correctly (THL)
More information can be found on the THL website
Back to notices